Spice up dessert with this strawberry tostada recipe.
- 2-1/2 cups strawberries, washed, patted dry, stemmed and quartered
- 1/2 pound jicama, peeled and diced into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 small jalapeño pepper, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 3 medium avocados, peeled, seeded and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 6 6-inch tostada shells
- Chili powder
- 6 tablespoons crumbled feta cheese
- 6 sprigs cilantro, optional
- 1 lime, cut in 6 wedges, optional
- Gently mix together strawberries, jicama, chopped cilantro, minced jalapeño pepper, lime juice and salt in a large bowl. Gently stir in avocados.
- Mound about 1 cup strawberry mixture on each tostada shell. Sprinkle with chili powder and 1 tablespoon cheese.
- Garnish with cilantro sprigs and lime wedges if using.
|Serving Size: 1|
|Servings per Recipe: 2|
|Amounts per Serving|
|% Daily Value *|
|Total Fat: 17 g||26%|
|Saturated Fat: 4 g||19%|
|Cholesterol: 8 mg||3%|
|Sodium: 304 mg||16%|
|Total Carbohydrate: 29 g||10%|
|Dietary Fiber: 6 g||26%|
|Protein: 2 g|
*The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.