Strawberry and Cream Cheese English Muffins
Give your English Muffins a fresh, fruity flavor by following this strawberry and cream cheese english muffin recipe.
- 4 tablespoons Neufchatel cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 1/2 cup sliced strawberries
- 2 whole wheat English muffins, split and toasted
- Combine cream cheese, honey, mint and orange zest in a bowl. Mix well.
- Spread mixture onto both cut sides of the split English muffins.
- Top each side of each English muffin with strawberries.
|Nutrition Facts (without Lemon)|
|Serving Size: 1|
|Servings per Recipe: 2|
|Amount per Serving|
|Calories from Fat: 45|
|% Daily Value *|
|Total Fat: 5 g||8%|
|Saturated Fat: 3 g||13%|
|Cholesterol: 11 mg||4%|
|Sodium: 298 mg||13%|
|Total Carbohydrate: 40 g||13%|
|Dietary Fiber: 5 g||20%|
|Protein: 4 g||2%|
*The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.
Modified from original source: http://www.californiastrawberries.com/recipes_and_ideas/
Barbara Brown, Food Specialist