Strawberry and Asparagus Salad
Combine fresh veggies, strawberries, pecans, and toasted nuts in less than 20 minutes to make this strawberry and asparagus salad.
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons strawberry preserves
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 pound asparagus, trimmed and sliced in 1-inch pieces
- 2 cups sliced strawberries
- 6 cups mixed greens, washed and dried
- 2 tablespoons chopped pecans, toasted
- Bring vinegar, preserves, mustard and salt to a boil over medium heat in a small saucepan.
- Remove from heat as soon as mixture boils, add lemon peel and set aside to cool.
- Steam or boil asparagus 3 minutes. Immediately submerge in ice water to stop cooking. Drain well, pat dry.
- Gently combine asparagus, strawberries and sauce mixture.
- Place one cup greens on each plate. Top with strawberry/asparagus mixture and toasted nuts.
|Servings Per Recipe||6|
|Amount per Serving|
|Calories from Fat||18|
|% Daily Value *|
|Total Fat||2 g||3%|
|Total Carbohydrate||13 g||4%|
|Dietary Fiber||4 g||17%|
* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.