Spicy Green Bean Salad
Do more than regular, cooked green beans by following this spicy green bean salad recipe.
- 2 cups green beans (about 1/2 to 2/3 pound fresh)
- 1 cup finely chopped peeled cucumber
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 2 tablespoons white wine, cider or sherry vinegar
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh jalapeno pepper
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Trim stem ends from green beans. Cut beans into 1/2 inch pieces. Bring a large saucepan 3/4 full of water to a boil. Add beans and cook 2 to 5 minutes until they turn bright green and are tender-crisp. Drain beans, and then sumberge in a bowl of ice water for 2 to 5 minutes, until chiled. Drain again and set aside.
- In a large bowl mix all ingredients. Cover and store in the refrigerator at least 2 hours to allow flavors to blend.
|Serving Size: 1|
|Servings per Recipe: 6|
|Amount per Serving|
|Calories from Fat: 0|
|% Daily Value *|
|Total Fat: trace||0%|
|Saturated Fat: trace||0%|
|Cholesterol: 0 mg||0%|
|Sodium: 181 mg||8%|
|Total Carbohydrate: 6 g||2%|
|Dietary Fiber: 2 g||7%|
|Protein: 1 g||2%|
*The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.