Spice up your sautéed asparagus with chili powder and other ingredients that are recommended in this spicy asparagus recipe.
- 2 pounds fresh asparagus
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 small clove of garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1-1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- Trim tough ends from asparagus and cut into 1-inch pieces.
- In a large skillet, heat canola oil over medium-high heat. Add garlic and stir no longer than 30 seconds. Avoid over browning the garlic.
- Add asparagus and water. Cook, stirring, for four minutes.
- Add chili powder and salt. Cook another 1 minute or until asparagus is just becoming tender.
- Take pan off heat and stir in vinegar to coat.
|Nutrition Facts (without Lemon)|
|Serving Size: 1|
|Servings per Recipe: 6|
|Amount per Serving|
|Calories from Fat: 45|
|% Daily Value *|
|Total Fat: 5 g||8%|
|Saturated Fat: 3 g||13%|
|Cholesterol: 11 mg||4%|
|Sodium: 298 mg||13%|
|Total Carbohydrate: 40 g||13%|
|Dietary Fiber: 5 g||20%|
|Protein: 4 g||2%|
*The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.