Sautéed Brussels Sprouts, Onion and Garlic
A quick and easy to make side dish, bring extra flavor to any meal with sautéed brussels sprouts, onions and garlic.
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup chopped yellow onion
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Cut the Brussels sprouts into slivers using a sharp knife, mandolin or food processor. Set aside until needed.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the oil. When oil is hot, add onions and sauté 3 minutes, until tender.
- Stir in garlic and continue to sauté mixture for 30 seconds.
- Add slivered Brussels sprouts, salt and pepper and sauté 5 to 10 minutes, until sprouts are wilted and reach the tenderness you desire.
|Serving Size: 1|
|Servings per Recipe: 4|
|Amounts per Serving|
|% Daily Value *|
|Total Fat: 7 g||11%|
|Saturated Fat: 1 g||5%|
|Cholesterol: 0 mg||0%|
|Sodium: 262 mg||11%|
|Carbohydrate: 13 g||4%|
|Dietary Fiber: 5 g||19%|
|Protein: 4 g|
*The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated by the U.S. FDA.