Add a Scottish flair to your meal with this potato based dish, Rumbledethumps.
- 1 pound russet potatoes, peeled and diced
- 12 ounces green or savoy cabbage, finely shredded
- 1 cup onion, thinly sliced
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Spray a baking dish with nonstick vegetable spray.
- Put potatoes into a medium saucepan. Add 1-inch water and bring to a boil. Cook until a sharp knife can be easily inserted into the potato and the potatoes are soft enough to mash. Drain potatoes and put them back in the pan. Mash them until smooth.
- Melt the butter in a large frying pan over high heat. Add Cabbage and onion and sauté,
turning regularly, until wilted but not browned. Remove from heat.
Add the mashed potatoes, 1/4 cup shredded cheese, the salt and pepper to the skillet with the cooked cabbage. Stir until the cheese is melted.
- Put the mixture in a prepared baking dish, top with remaining cheese and cover dish with a lid or foil.
- Bake in preheated 400°F oven for 20 minutes. Remove the lid and continue baking until the top is golden, 10 to 15 minutes.
|Serving Size: 1/6 of recipe|
|Servings per Recipe: 6|
|Amount per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat: 11 g||17%|
|Saturated Fat: 7 g||35%|
|Cholesterol: 31 mg||10%|
|Sodium: 229 mg||10%|
|Carbohydrate: 18 g||6%|
|Dietary Fiber: 2 g||10%|
|Protein: 5 g|
*The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.