Add extra flavor to boiled carrots with this recipe.
- 1-1/2 pounds carrots
- 1 cup low sodium vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Wash and peel carrots, trim ends. Cut into sticks 2 inches long and about 1/2-inch by 1/2-inch.
- Combine carrots and broth in a medium saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer 8 to 10 minutes, until nearly tender.
- Remove lid and season with salt and pepper. Continue cooking without the lid until the broth is reduced as much as desired. Shake pan occasionally to avoid scorching.
- Drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle with chopped rosemary and cook 2 to 3 minutes longer.
|Serving Size: 1|
|Servings per Recipe: 6|
|Amount per Serving|
|% Daily Value *|
|Total Fat: 2 g||4%|
|Sodium: 210 mg||9%|
|Carbohydrate: 11 g||4%|
|Dietary Fiber: 4 g||15%|
|Protein: 3 g|
*The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.