Roasted Vegetable with Nuts, Balsamic Vinegar and Basil
Give this recipe a try for a healthy side dish to go with any meal.
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/2 cup orange bell pepper, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/2 cup sweet or red onion, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 4 ounces button mushrooms or cremini mushrooms, halved
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup sugar snap peas
- 1 cup zucchini sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 1 cup yellow squash sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup walnuts, coarsely chopped
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, thinly sliced
- Wash all vegetables except mushrooms. Scrub those with tough skins. Wipe mushrooms with a damp cloth, do not submerge in water.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Cut vegetables as described in ingredient list and measure other ingredients before beginning to cook.
- Combine peppers, onion, mushrooms, olive oil and salt in a large bowl. Toss to coat all pieces with oil.
- Spread pepper mixture on a large baking sheet in a single layer. Roast in preheated oven for 10 minutes.
- Remove sheet from oven, add snap peas, zucchini, yellow squash and garlic. Stir well. Sprinkle nuts over the top. Return to the oven and roast an additional 5 to 10 minutes, until vegetables are crisp-tender nuts are toasted.
- Remove from oven, drizzle with balsamic vinegar and toss. Sprinkle with fresh basil.
|Servings Per Recipe||5|
|Amount per Serving|
|Calories from Fat||27|
|% Daily Value *|
|Total Fat||9 g||13%|
|Saturated Fat||1 g||3%|
|Total Carbohydrate||44 g||15%|
|Dietary Fiber||5 g||20%|
* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.