Roasted Corn Salad
Enjoy a cold salad that has extra flavors and crunch from added vegetables such as beans, green peppers and corn.
- 4 large ears of yellow corn-on-the-cob to yield 2½ cups cut corn
- 1 15-ounce can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 medium tomatoes, diced
- ½ cup chopped green pepper
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup non-fat Italian salad dressing
- 1/2 to 3/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 4 cups chopped lettuce
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Inspect corn-on-the-cob for damage and insects. Leaving husks and silks in place, rinse corn. Place directly on the middle oven rack, and bake 30 to 40 minutes, until corn kernels are soft.
- Once corn is roasted, remove from oven. When cool enough to handle, remove husks and silk. Cut kernels from ears. Corn should measure about 2½ cups.
- Combine corn, beans, tomatoes, green pepper and onions in a large bowl.
- Combine salad dressing and chili powder.
- Pour salad dressing mixture over vegetables. Toss gently to mix.
- Cover; refrigerate for at least one hour before serving.
- Serve over chopped lettuce.
|Servings per Recipe: 4|
|% Daily Value *|
|Total Fat: 2 g||1%|
|Saturated Fat: trace||0%|
|Cholesterol: 0 mg||0%|
|Sodium: 814 mg||34%|
|Total Carbohydrate: 45 g||15%|
|Dietary Fiber: 12 g||47%|
|Protein: 10 g||20%|
*The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.