Rice Bowls with Spring Vegetables
Make a delicious and easy rice bowl with fresh spring vegetables using this recipe.
- 4 cups cooked brown rice, cooled but still warm
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons distilled white vinegar
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame seeds
- 4 slices bacon, chopped
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 8 ounces fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut in 1-inch pieces
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 avocado, thinly sliced
- 4 radishes, thinly sliced
- 4 hard cooked eggs, peeled and sliced
- Combine sesame oil, vinegar and sesame seeds in a small bowl or measuring cup. Whisk well. Set aside.
- Cook the bacon in a large skillet over medium heat until crispy. Add green onions, asparagus and pepper and cook 1 minute. Remove from heat.
- Divide warm rice into 4 bowls. Top each bowl with ¼ of the cooked vegetables, avocado, one radish and one sliced egg.
- If needed whisk oil mixture to combine then drizzle some over each bowl. Serve remaining dressing on the side.
|Serving Size: 1|
|Servings per Recipe: 4|
|Amount per Serving|
|Calories: 499||Calories from Fat trace|
|% Daily Value *|
|Total Fat: 25 g||38%|
|Saturated Fat: 5 g||26%|
|Cholesterol: 217 mg||72%|
|Sodium: 182 mg||8%|
|Total Carbohydrate: 53 g||18%|
|Dietary Fiber: 6 g||23%|
|Protein: 15 g|
*The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.