Radicchio Side Salad
Side salads can be as easy as 1...2...3! Try out this easy-to-make radicchio side salad recipe containing apple, radicchio, spinach, blue cheese, pecans and more.
- 1 medium tart apple, cored and diced
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 head radicchio, cored and torn into bite-sized pieces
- 4 cups fresh spinach, stemmed and torn into bite-sized pieces
- 2 ounces crumbled blue cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 2-1/2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1-1/2 tablespoons Dijon-style mustard
- In small bowl sprinkle apple with lemon juice.
- In large bowl combine apple, radicchio, spinach, blue cheese, and pecans.
- In same small bowl, whisk together canola oil, vinegar, honey and mustard. Pour over salad and toss.
|Servings per recipe: 6|
|Calories from fat: 135|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat: 15g||24%|
|Saturated Fat: 3g||14%|
|Dietary Fiber: 2g||8%|
*The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.
Modified from original source: Royal Rose at http://www.radicchio.com/recipe/salads/radicchio/sidesalad.html
Barbara Brown, Food Specialist
Oklahoma Cooperative Extension Service