Quinoa Vegetable Salad
Give this quinoa vegetable salad a try for a delicious, healthy option!
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup peeled and chopped English cucumber
- 1/4 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup canned black olives, chopped
- Prepare quinoa according to package directions. Unless quinoa is pre-rinsed, rinse prior to cooking to remove bitterness. Spread cooked quinoa on a cookie sheet to cool 15 minutes. Transfer to a large bowl.
- In a small bowl whisk together vinegar, salt, pepper, lemon juice, mustard and oil.
- Add cucumber, bell pepper, red onion, tomato and olives to the bowl containing the quinoa. Pour in dressing and gently fold to mix. Refrigerate until served.
|Servings Per Recipe||6|
|Amount per Serving|
|Calories from Fat||trace|
|% Daily Value *|
|Total Fat||11 g||17%|
|Saturated Fat||1 g||7%|
|Total Carbohydrate||21 g||7%|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g||9%|