Quinoa and Corn Salad
This healthy salad features protein-packed quinoa, corn, nuts, and fresh mint, for an easy and delicious side dish.
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 1/2 cups frozen corn kernels, thawed
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1 clove garlic, pressed
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mint
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped almonds
- Prepare quinoa according to package directions. Unless quinoa is pre-rinsed, rinse prior to cooking to remove bitterness. Spread cooked quinoa on a cookie sheet to cool 15 minutes.
- Transfer cooled quinoa to a large bowl. Add remaining ingredients expect almonds and mix well. Check taste for seasoning and adjust if needed. Top with nuts.
|Servings Per Recipe||6|
|Amount per Serving|
|Calories from Fat||90|
|% Daily Value *|
|Total Fat||10 g||15%|
|Saturated Fat||1 g||6%|
|Total Carbohydrate||31 g||10%|
|Dietary Fiber||4 g||14%|
* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.