Celebrate the new fall season with this warm pumpkin spice soup recipe!
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 medium celery stalks, chopped
- 2 medium garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger, peeled
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 pinch cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 14-1/2 ounce can pumpkin
- 1 medium potato, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 4 cups fat-free, reduced sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup nonfat sour cream
- 2 medium green onions, chopped
- In large stock pot or Dutch oven, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onion, celery, garlic, ginger and sugar and cook 4 minutes, until tender.
- Add nutmeg and cinnamon. Season with sat and pepper, stir to coat. Add pumpkin, potato and broth. Bring to boil.
- Reduce heat to medium-low, partially cover and simmer 15 to 20 minutes, until potato is tender. Ladle soup into bowls and top each serving with sour cream and green onions.
|Servings per recipe: 6|
|Calories from fat: 18|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat: 2g||3%|
|Saturated Fat trace:||2%|
|Dietary Fiber: 3g||12%|
*The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.
Source: American Institute for Cancer Research at http://www.aicr.org