Potatoes, Peppers and Sausage Skillet
The perfect quick meal for meat and potato lovers, this recipe is compatible with turkey kielbasa, kielbasa or smoked sausage.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 cups red potatoes, scrubbed, unpeeled and thinly sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 7 to 8 ounces turkey kielbasa, kielbasa, or smoked sausage, cut in ¼-inch
- thick slices
- 1 medium red onion, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions or snipped chives, optional
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. When pan is hot, add oil. When oil is hot add sliced potatoes. Spread potatoes to one layer as much as possible. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cook potatoes until browned on one side with limited stirring, 6 to 7 minutes. Flip potatoes and continue cooking 4 to 5 minutes longer, until second side is browned. Remove potatoes from skillet and set aside.
- Return skillet to the heat. Add sliced kielbasa and cook until both sides are browned, turning as needed, 4 to 6 minutes total.
- Add sliced onion, garlic and chopped pepper and cook until the onions are tender and translucent, 4 to 5 minutes, stirring often.
- Stir potatoes back into skillet and heat through. Taste and adjust seasoning if needed.
- Sprinkle with chopped green onions or chives if using. Serve.
|Serving Size: 1|
|Servings per Recipe: 4|
|Amount per Serving|
|% Daily Value *|
|Total Fat: 10 g||16%|
|Saturated Fat: 2 g||9%|
|Cholesterol: 56 mg||19%|
|Sodium: 518 mg||22%|
|Carbohydrate: 34 g||11%|
|Dietary Fiber: 4 g||16%|
|Protein: 13 g|
* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.