Potato & Tuna Salad
Give this recipe a try for a easy way to change up your salad!
- 1 pound small red potatoes, scrubbed and quartered
- 1 pound green beans, trimmed and cut in 2-inch pieces
- 2 cups grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 (5-ounce) can tuna, drained
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 4 cups torn romaine lettuce, washed and spun dry
- Put potatoes in a large saucepan and cover them with 2 inches of water. Bring to a boil and cook about 6 minutes, until the potatoes are almost tender. Add the green beans and continue to cook another 4 minutes or until the potatoes are tender. Drain, plunge in cold water to stop cooking. Drain again.
- Put drained potatoes and green beans into a large bowl. Add tomatoes, red onion, salt, paprika, ground red pepper and tuna. Toss gently.
- Drizzle salad with oil and vinegar and toss again.
- Divide lettuce onto four plates and top with salad.
|Serving Size: 4|
|Servings Per Recipe: 1|
|Amounts Per Serving|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat: 14 g||22%|
|Saturated Fat: 2 g||10%|
|Cholesterol: 11 mg||4%|
|Sodium: 497 mg||21%|
|Carbohydrate: 34 g||11%|
|Dietary Fiber: 7 g||29%|
|Protein: 15 g||30%|
*The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.