Potato and Broccoli Frittata
Try out this frittata recipe for an easy breakfast and a perfect way to start the day!
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
1 cup sliced onions
1/2 cup red bell pepper, sliced 1/4 cup finely chopped celery
1 clove garlic, minced
8 large eggs
1/2 cup fat free milk
1/4 teaspoon dried basil
1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1-1/2 cups broccoli florets, cooked tender crisp
1-1/2 cups red potatoes, cooked and sliced
3/4 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 425oF. Spray a 2-quart casserole dish with vegetable spray.
- Heat oil in skillet. Add onions, peppers, celery and garlic and sauté until softened but not browned. Remove from heat.
- Beat eggs in large bowl, add milk, basil, thyme, seasoning salt and pepper. Blend well. Stir in a small amount of the onion-pepper mixture. Stir well. Add remaining onion-pepper mixture and broccoli. Pour into prepared 2-quart casserole dish.
- Add potato slices to casserole dish, distributing evenly. Sprinkle with cheeses.
- Bake at 425oF for 20 minutes or until mixture is set. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
|Servings Per Recipe: 6|
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat: 14 g||22%|
|Saturated Fat: 6 g||30%|
|Cholesterol: 268 mg||89%|
|Sodium: 382 mg||16%|
|Carbohydrate: 13 g||4%|
|Dietary Fiber: 2 g||8%|
|Protein: 15 g||30%|
*The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.