Peas with Honey Pecan Butter
Start mixing unexpected flavors together with this easy-to-make peas with honey pecan butter recipe.
- 3 cups fresh peas or 1 pound frozen green peas
- 1 pinch sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons margarine
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 3 tablespoons chopped pecans
- Shell fresh peas if using. Add peas and pinch of sugar to 1-inch boiling water. Cover,
minutes. Drain well.
- While peas cook melt margarine in glass measuring cup in microwave oven. Stir in honey and pecans. Pour over cooked, drained peas, stir to blend.
|Servings per recipe: 6|
|Calories from fat: 36|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat: 4g||6%|
|Saturated Fat trace:||2%|
|Dietary Fiber: 4g||15%|
*The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.
Modified from original source: Green Giant at http://www.greengiant.com and Rombauer, I. S. and Becker, M.R. (1997) Joy of Cooking, Plume by Penguin Putnam, 375 Hudson Street, New York, NY 10014
Barbara Brown, Food Specialist
Oklahoma Cooperative Extension Service