Peas and Pancetta
Add more flavor to traditional frozen peas by following the directions below to add cooked pancetta to the dish.
- 4 cups frozen petit peas, 1 pound
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3-1/2 ounces smoked pancetta, cut into strips
- Cook the peas for half the time directed on the package. Drain well.
- While peas cook, melt butter in a pan over very low heat. Add pancetta and cook until golden brown.
- Stir cooked peas into pan with pancetta and cook, stirring occasionally, for five minutes.
|Serving Size: 1|
|Servings per Recipe: 6|
|Amount per Serving|
|% Daily Value *|
|Total Fat: 7 g||11%|
|Saturated Fat: 4 g||20%|
|Cholesterol: 27 g||9%|
|Sodium: 554 mg||23%|
|Carbohydrate: 13 g||4%|
|Dietary Fiber: 5 g||18%|
|Protein: 10 g|
*The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.