Peaches - Ten Quick Ideas
Peaches are a delicious, fuzzy Summer fruit that can be used in many different dishes and snacks.
- Make a parfait. Mix 1 tablespoon honey into a 6 ounce carton of plain yogurt. Layer the yogurt into a tall, narrow glass, with 1/4 cup chopped peaches. Top with 1 tablespoon granola.
- Top your breakfast cereal, hot or cold, with fresh or frozen chopped peaches.
- Make peach tea or lemonade. Muddle fresh or frozen peaches in the bottom of a glass before pouring.
- Add sliced peaches to a fresh salad. Try starting with fresh spinach, toasted walnuts, your favorite grated cheese, peach slices and a low fat vinaigrette. Toss gently to protect the berries.
- Mix finely chopped peaches into waffle or pancake batter or top them after cooking with fruit.
- Add them to pudding. For something special put a vanilla wafer in the bottom of a 8 ounce custard cup. Top with 1/2 cup vanilla or tapioca pudding. Spoon chopped peaches or a couple peach slices on top.
- Mash together a ripe, mashed banana, 1/2 cup chopped peaches and a 6 ounce carton of fruit flavored yogurt. Spoon into muffin cups. Freeze well, then enjoy on a hot afternoon.
- Replace the jelly on a peanut butter sandwich with very ripe, slices of fresh peach. Lean over a plate to catch any juice that escapes the sandwich.
- Peaches taste great warm from the grill! Place them on kabobs with your other favorite fresh fruit or just frill some slices and enjoy!
- Pick up a ripe juicy peach, lean over a rail to let the juice drip and snack away!