Pantry Chicken Stew
This simple stew recipe contains ingredients that can almost always be found in your pantry.
- 4 small baked potatoes or 3 cups mashed potatoes or rice
- 1 can (15 ounces) unsalted mixed vegetables, drained but reserve liquid to use if stew is too thick
- 1 can (10 3/4 ounces) reduced-sodium condensed cream of mushroom or cream of celery soup
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme, crushed
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 to 2 cups cooked chicken or 1 can (10 to 12 ounces) chicken, flaked
- Chopped parsley, fresh or dried, optional
- Combine drained mixed vegetables, soup, milk, thyme, garlic powder and black pepper in a medium saucepan over medium heat until boiling, stirring often.
- Reduce the heat to a simmer and stir in the undrained chicken.
- Simmer 15 minutes over low heat, stirring occasionally. If thicker than desired add some of the reserved canning liquid.
- Serve over baked potatoes, mashed potatoes or rice.
- Sprinkle with freshly parsley if desired.
|Serving Size: 1|
|Servings per Recipe: 4|
|Amount per Serving|
|% Daily Value *|
|Total Fat: 13 g||20%|
|Saturated Fat: 4 g||20%|
|Cholesterol: 49 mg||16%|
|Sodium: 957 mg||40%|
|Carbohydrate: 47 g||16%|
|Dietary Fiber: 7 g||27%|
|Protein: 24 g|
*The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.