Pak Choi with Spinach and Sesame
Change things up from a traditional spinach side dish of with this recipe for adding pak choi and sesame.
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1 teaspoon thinly sliced garlic
- 8 ounces pak choi, quartered
- 6 ounces fresh spinach
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- Wash hands and cooking surfaces.
- Toast sesame seeds in a dry skillet or wok over medium heat, stirring constantly until fragrant and golden. Immediately remove nuts from the skillet to a plate and spread out to cool. Set aside.
- Return pan to medium-high heat. Add peanut oil and garlic. Cook 30 seconds, just until garlic is beginning to sizzle. Add pak choi and stir-fry 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add spinach and 1 tablespoon water. Stir-fry until spinach is just wilted, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Drizzle with sesame oil and scatter with toasted sesame seeds before serving.
|Serving Size: 1|
|Servings per Recipe: 6|
|Amount per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat: 4 g||6%|
|Saturated Fat: 1 g||3%|
|Cholesterol: 0 g||0%|
|Sodium: 48 mg||2%|
|Carbohydrate: 2 g||1%|
|Diertary Fiber: 1 g||5%|
|Protein: 2 g|
*The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.