Add flavor to your grilled or broiled beef top round steak by mixing it in a homemade oriental slaw.
- 10 ounces beef top round steak, trimmed of all fat
- 1/3 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon smooth peanut butter
- 8 cups green cabbage (1 small head), shredded
- 4 cups Chinese cabbage, shredded
- 1 cup grated carrot
- 2 cups red cabbage, shredded
- Broil or grill beef until desired doneness, sliced into thin slivers.
- Mix vinegar, sugar, ginger and peanut butter in blender or food processor until smooth.
- Mix vegetables in large bowl. Add dressing and beef strips. Toss well. Chill at least 2 hours before serving.
Yield 4 servings
|Serving Size: about 1/4 recipe|
|Servings per Recipe: 4|
|Amount per Serving|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat: 6 g||10%|
|Saturated Fat: 2 g||10%|
|Cholesterol: 48 mg||16%|
|Sodium: 88 mg||4%|
|Carbohydrate: 25 g||8%|
|Dietary Fiber: 2 g||10%|
|Protein: 20 g||40%|
Modified from: National Beef and Livestock Boards