Oklahoma Sunset Dip
This unique dip is perfect for parties and gatherings; try serving with vegetables or tortilla chips.
- 3 ounces sun-dried tomatoes (not oil-packed)
- 2 7-ounce jars roasted red peppers, drained
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped fine
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 4 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon Tabasco or hot chili pepper sauce, optional
- Soak dried tomatoes in hot water 5 minutes. Drain well, reserving 3 tablespoons soaking liquid.
- In food processor, puree red peppers, tomatoes, garlic, cumin, lemon juice, cilantro and green onion until smooth and well-blended. Add cream cheese and puree, adding enough reserved tomato-soaking liquid to thin to the desired consistency. Scrape down side ofbowl occasionally. Blend until smooth. Blend in salt, pepper and hot sauce. Adjust seasoning, adding more garlic, cumin, lemon juice or hot sauce if needed.
- Transfer to small container. Cover and refrigerate 24 hours before using. Bring to room temperature before serving.
- Serve with assorted cut-up vegetables and/or baked tortilla chips.
|Servings per Recipe: 10|
|Amount per Serving|
|Calories from Fat: 27|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat: 3 g||5%|
|Saturated Fat: 2 g||9%|
|Cholesterol: 9 mg||3%|
|Sodium: 279 mg||12%|
|Carbohydrate: 8 g||3%|
|Dietary Fiber: 2 g||8%|
|Protein: 3 g||6%|
Modified from original source: American Institute for Cancer Research at http://www.aicr.org, 04/11/06