Morels with Peas and Shallots
This recipe results in a bright colored dish that is perfect to serve on the of a main course or even as a quick snack.
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped shallot, chopped (1 large or 2 medium)
- 8 ounces fresh morels, halved, cleaned and trimmed*
- 8 ounces fresh snow peas, trimmed
- 8 ounces fresh sugar snap peas, trimmed
- 1 cup English peas, fresh or thawed from frozen
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- Heat a 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat. Add butter and oil. When hot add shallot and cook 1 minute.
- Add morels, snow peas and sugar snap peas and continue cooking for 2 minutes.
- Add English peas and cook 2 to 3 minutes longer, until morels are tender. Remove from heat.
- Stir in lemon zest and salt.
*To clean fresh morel mushrooms, shake off dirt, halve lengthwise, and place in a pan or bowl. Cover with water; add ¼ teaspoon salt. Soak 10 to 15 minutes. Drain, rinse and repeat two more times. Pat dry.
|Serving Size: 1|
|Servings per Recipe: 6|
|Amount per Serving|
|% Daily Value *|
|Total Fat: 6 g||10%|
|Saturated Fat: 3 g||14%|
|Cholesterol: 10 mg||3%|
|Sodium: 322 mg||13%|
|Carbohydrate: 13 g||4%|
|Dietary Fiber: 4 g||14%|
|Protein: 4 g|
*The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.