Change up Mexican food night at home by making Mexican pizzas.
- 4 10-inch flour tortillas
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 1 cup prepared thick-and-chunky salsa
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons cilantro leaves, chopped
- 1 can (15 ounces) black or pinto beans
- 1 can (4-½ ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1 cup thawed or canned and drained corn
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- Preheat the oven to 450°F.
- Place the tortillas on 2 baking sheets. Spray the tops of the tortillas with cooking spray. Bake for 4 minutes, or until puffy.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, stir together salsa, cumin and cilantro. (If the salsa has a lot of liquid, drain it before using.)
- Drain the beans and green chilies. Add to the bowl, along with corn. Stir to combine.
- Spoon the bean mixture on the tortillas, spreading in an even layer. Top each tortilla with ¼ cup cheese. Bake the pizzas for 5 to 6 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and the edges are golden brown.
Yield 4 servings
|Serving Size: 1 pizza|
|Servings per Recipe: 4|
|Amount per Serving|
|Calories from Fat: 144|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat: 16||25%|
|Saturated Fat: 7 g||37%|
|Cholesterol: 30 mg||10%|
|Sodium: 1132 mg||47%|
|Carbohydrate: 69 g||23%|
|Dietary Fiber: 10 g||41%|
|Protein: 22 g||43%|
Modified from original source: Minute Meals, firstname.lastname@example.org