Meat & Veggie Sloppy Joes
Your taste buds will start sizzling with this new meat and veggie sloppy joe sandwich recipe.
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups chopped zucchini or other summer squash
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- ¾ cup chopped green pepper
- 16 ounces chunky salsa
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 ½ teaspoons fresh rosemary, chopped
- 6 medium whole wheat buns, split
- In a 10-inch skillet cook beef, onion and garlic over medium heat until meat is brown and onion is tender. Drain off liquid. Add zucchini, mushrooms and green pepper. Cover and cook over low heat for 5 to 7 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Stir in salsa, basil, parsley and rosemary. Simmer, uncovered, about 10 minutes or until most of the liquid has evaporated. Serve on buns.
|Servings per recipe: 6|
|Calories from fat: 90|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat: 10g||15%|
|Saturated Fat: 4g||18%|
|Dietary Fiber: 5g||22%|
*The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.
Modified from original source: Green Giant at http://www.greengiant.com and Rombauer, I. S. and Becker, M.R. (1997) Joy of Cooking, Plume by Penguin Putnam, 375 Hudson Street, New York, NY 10014