Linguine, Spinach, Sugar Snap Peas and Nuts
Impress your guests with this bright colored vegetarian pasta.
- 5 ounces fresh baby spinach leaves, torn
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 3/4 pound linguine
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup chopped walnuts, pecans or other nuts, toasted
- 1/2 pound sugar snap peas, trimmed and cut in half crosswise at an angle
- Bring a large pan of water to a boil over high heat.
- While water comes to a boil combine torn spinach, olive oil, garlic, 1/4 teaspoon kosher and red pepper flakes in a large bowl. Toss well and set aside.
- Add 2 teaspoons kosher salt and linguine to boiling water. Set a timer for the shortest time recommended on the package. Check for doneness toward the end of the cooking time. It should be just tender enough to bite into comfortably but not mushy. Drain the pasta into a colander, shaking to drain well. Transfer the cooked pasta to the bowl with the spinach mixture. Add sugar snap peas and toss well, wilting the spinach and partially cooking the peas.
- Sprinkle with 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese and toss to mix and melt the cheese. Add the nuts, shaking the bowl or tossing gently to mix.
- Serve with remaining cheese.
|Serving Size: 1|
|Servings per Recipe: 1|
|Amount per Serving|
|% Daily Value *|
|Total Fat: 26 g||40%|
|Saturated Fat: 4 g||18%|
|Cholesterol: 5 mg||2%|
|Sodium: 222 mg||9%|
|Carbohydrate: 49 g||16%|
|Dietary Fiber: 4 g||15%|
|Protein: 17 g|
*The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.