Lima Beans and Spinach
Enjoy eating your greens with this quick and easy recipe for lima beans and spinach.
- 2 cups frozen lima beans
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup fennel bulb, rinsed and cut into 4-inch strips
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup chicken broth, low sodium
- 10 ounces fresh spinach, washed
- 1 tablespoon distilled vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon chives
- In a saucepan cook lima beans 10 minutes. Drain.
- Heat a sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add oil. When hot add onions and fennel. Sauté 3 minutes.
- Add beans and chicken broth to sauté pan. Cook 2 minutes.
- Stir in spinach. Cover and cook until spinach is wilted, about 2 minutes.
- Stir in vinegar and pepper. Recover for 30 seconds.
- Sprinkle with chives and serve.
|Serving Size: 1|
|Servings per Recipe: 4|
|Amounts per Serving|
|% Daily Value *|
|Total Fat: 4 g||6%|
|Saturated Fat: 1 g||3%|
|Cholesterol: 0 g||0%|
|Sodium: 135 mg||6%|
|Carbohydrate: 27 g||9%|
|Dietary Fiber: 6 g||26%|
|Protein: 9 g|
*The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.