Layered Broccoli Salad
This recipe results in a combination of sweet and sour flavors using fruits, nuts, vegetables, bacon and dairy products that can be eaten as a snack or serves as side dish.
- 6 cups chopped broccoli florets
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 2/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup plain nonfat yogurt
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 6 ounces shredded sharp cheddar cheese (about 1-1/2 cups)
- 1/4 cup toasted chopped walnuts or pecans
- 1 ounce bacon, cooked until crisp, drained and chopped
- In a large glass bowl arrange layers of broccoli, onion, and cranberries.
- In a small bowl whisk together yogurt, honey, mayonnaise and vinegar. Drizzle over salad.
- Sprinkle salad with shredded cheese. Cover and refrigerate until ready to eat.
- Sprinkle with nuts and bacon just before serving.
|Serving Size: 1|
|Servings per Recipe: 6|
|Amounts per Serving|
|% Daily Value *|
|Total Fat: 13 g||27%|
|Saturated Fat: 7 g||36%|
|Cholesterol: 34 mg||11%|
|Sodium: 279 mg||12%|
|Carbohydrate: 29 g||10%|
|Dietary Fiber: 4 g||16%|
|Protein: 13 g|
*The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.