Late Summer Stew
A complex ingredient list for late summer stew made into a simple recipe.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 large yellow onions, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 3 medium carrots, grated
- 2 stalks celery, sliced
- 1 medium yellow squash, sliced
- 1 medium zucchini, sliced
- 1 medium eggplant, chopped
- 1/2 cup green beans, frozen, sliced
- 4 medium tomatoes, blanched, skinned and chopped or 1 15-ounce can diced tomatoes
- 3/4 cup green peas, frozen
- 1/2 cup fresh corn, cut from cob
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 cup cauliflower, sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- Heat olive oil in large pan. Add onions and half the garlic. Sauté until onions are brown. Add carrots and stir well. Add remaining vegetables, one at a time, and stir well after each addition to the pot.
- Cook over medium heat until vegetables are tender but not overcooked. Add basil, oregano and thyme. Remove from heat and let cool, uncovered, for 30 minutes.
- Add remaining garlic and stir well. Season with pepper to taste.
|Serving Size||1/8 of recipe|
|Servings per recipe||8|
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories 118||Calories from fat 36|
|% Daily Value|