Kale and Garlic Saute
Make a healthy side dish of kale and garlic sauté by following this recipe.
- 1/2 pound fresh kale, thoroughly washed and shaken dry
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt, optional
- Cut tough or damaged stems from kale and discard. Separate remaining stems from leaves. Cut stems into 1 inch pieces. Roll leaves and slice into ribbons.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. When hot, add onion, pepper and chopped Kale stems. Cover and cook 3 to 4 minutes, stirring occasionally, until onions are translucent. Add garlic and cook 1 minute. Add sliced leaves, recover pan and cook another 3 to 5 minutes. If pan seems too dry add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water. Stop cooking when leaves are wilted and bright green. Season with salt if using.
|Nutrition Facts (with Salt)|
|Serving Size: 1|
|Servings per Recipe: 4|
|Amount per Serving|
|Calories from Fat: 36|
|% Daily Value *|
|Total Fat: 4 g||6%|
|Saturated Fat: 1 g||3%|
|Cholesterol: 0 g||0%|
|Sodium: 260 mg||11%|
|Total Carbohydrate: 8 g||3%|
|Dietary Fiber: 2 g||6%|
|Protein: 2 g||4%|
*The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.