Hot, Sweet Watermelon
Add a twist to your watermelon with this recipe!
- 3/4 teaspoon whole peppercorns or coarsely ground black pepper
- 1-1/2 teaspoons very finely chopped mint leaves
- 6 cups cold 3/4-inch seedless red watermelon cubes Fresh mint leaves
- Put peppercorns on cutting board. Use the bottom of a heavy pan to press firmly on the peppercorns and crush them into a semi-coarse texture.
- Combine the crushed peppercorns with chopped mint leaves.
- In large bowl, toss peppercorn-mint mixture with watermelon.
- Garnish with mint leaves.
Yield: 4 servings
|Servings Per Recipe: 4|
|Amounts Per Serving|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat: 1 g||2%|
|Saturated Fat: Trace Amounts||0%|
|Cholesterol: 0 mg||0%|
|Sodium: 5 mg||0%|
|Carbohydrate: 17 g||6%|
|Dietary Fiber: 1 g||5%|
|Protein: 1 g||3%|
*The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.