Hot Stuffed Peppers
This stuffed pepper recipe is for perfect for all the spicy food lovers out there.
- 4 ancho, poblano, Mexi-bell, Anaheim or other peppers
- Nonstick vegetable spray
- 1 cup fresh corn scrapped from the cob or 1 cup frozen corn kernels, thawed
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet onion
- 1/3 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 cup grated reduced fat Cheddar cheeses
- 1/4 cup bread crumbs
- 1 cup reduced fat sour cream
- Cut hot peppers in half lengthwise, remove seeds and membranes. Spray baking pan with nonstick vegetable spray and place pepper halves in pan.
- Combine remaining ingredients, except sour cream, to make stuffing. Fill peppers.
- Bake at 350oF for 45 minutes. Serve with reduced fat sour cream.
|Servings per recipe: 4|
|Calories from fat: 27|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat: 3||5%|
|Saturated Fat: 2g||9%|
|Dietary Fiber: 2g||10%|
*The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.
Modified from original source: Eldridge, S. (1997) The New Americana Cookbook, page 112. CNE Publications, Inc., P.O. Box 55, Salisbury Cove, ME 004672