Give your family a sweet treat during the holidays by surprising them with homemade granola.
- 4 cups old fashion oats
- 1 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries
- 3/4 cup dried apricots, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly spray a 15 x 10 inch baking pan.
- Combine all ingredients except dried cranberries and apricots in a large bowl; mix well. Spread evenly on prepared baking pan.
- Bake 20-30 minutes, until golden brown. Stir every 10 minutes.
- When golden, remove from oven and stir in dried fruit. Let cool completely on the pan then store in a tightly closed container at room temperature up to two weeks.
|Serving Size: 1/2 cup|
|Servings per Recipe: 13|
|Amount per Serving|
|Calories from Fat: 108|
|% Daily Value *|
|Total Fat: 12 g||18%|
|Saturated Fat: 1 g||6%|
|Cholesterol: 0 mg||0%|
|Sodium: 39 mg||2%|
|Total Carbohydrate: 34 g||11%|
|Dietary Fiber: 4 g||16%|
|Protein: 5 g||10%|
*The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.