Hawaiian Pasta Salad
Add a Hawaiian flare to your pasta salad by following this recipe that incorporates pineapples and other ingredients.
- 8 ounces (2 cups) uncooked whole wheat macaroni or spiral pasta
- 1 cup fresh snow peas, sliced on an angle into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1/2 cup cucumber. peeled and diced
- 1/4 cup carrots, peeled and diced
- 1 cup fresh or canned pineapple cut in small chunks
- 1 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon fresh chives, rinsed and chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, rinsed and chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Fill a 4 quart saucepan about 2/3 full with water. Bring water to a boil over high heat. Add pasta, return to a boil and cook 7 to 8 minutes. Add snow peas and continue cooking 1 minute. Drain, cool slightly, and set aside.
- Combine remaining ingredients in a large bowl and mix gently. Ad pasta mixture and toss to coat. Serve immediately or refrigerate, covered, for later use.
|Serving Size: 1|
|Servings per Recipe: 8|
|Amount per Serving|
|Calories from Fat: 9|
|% Daily Value *|
|Total Fat: 1 g||1%|
|Saturated Fat: trace||0%|
|Sodium: 451 mg||19%|
|Total Carbohydrate: 31 g||10%|
|Dietary Fiber: 3 g||12%|
|Protein: 7 g||9%|
*The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.