Grilled Sweet Spring Onion with Orange-Honey Vinaigrette
Grab those sweet spring onions and try out this fun recipe with a sweet vinaigrette.
- 2 large sweet spring onions, cut into 1/2-inch thick slices
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups fresh spinach or other greens
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- Preheat grill or broiler. Place onion slices on grill or broiler pan. Grill until slightly softened and golden brown, about 3 minutes; turn and cook until tender, about 3 minutes longer.
- Combine in a small bowl orange juice, oil, vinegar, honey, salt and black pepper. Mix well.
- Divide spinach onto 4 plates. Top with cooked onions and chopped tomato. Drizzle with orange juice mixture.
|Serving Size: 1/4 of recipe|
|Servings per Recipe: 4|
|Amounts Per Serving|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat: 4 g||6%|
|Saturated Fat: Trace Amounts||2%|
|Cholesterol: 0 mg||0%|
|Sodium: 283 mg||12%|
|Carbohydrate: 11 g||4%|
|Dietary Fiber: 2 g||7%|
|Protein: 1 g||3%|
*The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.