Green Beans with Garlic & Almonds
These green beans are a delicious way to change up from plain green beans! They make for the perfect addition to any meal!
- 1 pound fresh green beans (3 to 4 cups), washed and trimmed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced sweet onion
- 2 large cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add the green beans and cook until just tender, 3 to 5 minutes. When tender, plunge beans into an ice bath to stop the cooking, drain and refrigerate up to 2 days.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and cook until they begin to turn golden, about 2 minutes, stirring often. Add the garlic and continue cooking for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Add the green beans, almonds and paprika to the skillet. Cook, stirring, until heated through.
|Servings Per Recipe: 1|
|Amounts Per Serving|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat: 10 g||15%|
|Saturated Fat: 1 g||5%|
|Cholesterol: 0 mg||0%|
|Sodium: 8 mg||0%|
|Carbohydrate: 11 g||4%|
|Dietary Fiber: 5 g||18%|
|Protein: 5 g||9%|
*The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.