How to create a not-so-common greek skillet from scratch.
- 1 pound extra lean ground beef
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup orzo
- 15 ounces no salt added tomato sauce
- 1 cup water
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup feta cheese
- Brown ground beef, onion and garlic in large skillet. Drain well.
- Add pasta, tomato sauce, water, oregano leaves, cinnamon and pepper; stir to combine, making sure pasta is covered by liquid. Heat to boiling, reduce heat, cover and simmer 11 to 13 minutes, stirring frequently, until orzo is tender.
- Remove from heat, sprinkle cheese over casserole. Cover and let stand 2 to 4 minutes until cheese is melted.
|Serving Size||1/6 of recipe|
|Servings per recipe||6|
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories 353||Calories from fat 144|
|% Daily Value|