Ginger Sesame Salmon
Your favorite new way to bake or grill salmon might just be an Asian inspired flare. Give this amazing ginger sesame salmon recipe a try!
- 1 sheet (12 x 18-inches) heavy-duty aluminum foil
- 4 thin onion slices, separated into rings
- 2 medium carrots, shredded or cut into julienne strips
- 1 (1 to 1-1/2 pound) salmon fillet, thawed if necessary
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger, grated
- 2 tablespoons seasoned rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoons salt or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoons pepper or to taste
- 4 cups fresh spinach leaves
- Preheat oven to 450oF.
- Center onion and carrots on foil sheet. Top with salmon fillet.
- In small bowl combine ginger, rice vinegar and sesame oil. Pour over salmon. Season with salt and pepper. Wrap and seal foil to form a packet.
- Bake on a cookie sheet in a 450oF for 16 to 20 or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Serve salmon topped with onion and carrots on a bed of spinach. Sprinkle with additional rice vinegar if desired.
Grilling Instructions: Cook covered, 20 to 25 minutes on medium-hot grill or
until fish flakes easily with a fork.
|Servings per recipe: 4|
|Calories from fat 54|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat: 6g||10%|
|Saturated Fat 1g||5%|
|Dietary Fiber: 2g||8%|
*The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.
Source: Reynolds Kitchens via http:www.alaskaseafood.org