Try out this gazpacho for traditional chilled soup!
- 2 small tomatoes, quartered
- 1-1/2 cups low sodium tomato/vegetable juice, chilled
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 small garlic clove, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped, seeded cucumber
- 2 tablespoons chopped red onion
- 1 tablespoon jalapeño pepper (or to taste), chopped
- 1/4 tsp. ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- Freeze tomatoes in a plastic bag until hard, about 3 to 4 hours. Frozen tomatoes will keep up to one week.
- Place frozen tomatoes, juice, cilantro, garlic, cucumber, red onion, jalapeño, cumin and lime juice in a blender. Purée until well blended and almost smooth. Serve immediately.
Yield: 2 servings
|Servings Per Recipe: 2|
|Amounts Per Serving|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat: 1 g||1%|
|Saturated Fat: Trace Amounts||0%|
|Cholesterol: 0 mg||0%|
|Sodium: 54 mg||2%|
|Carbohydrate: 9 g||3%|
|Dietary Fiber: 4 g||15%|
|Protein: 3 g||6%|
*The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.