Frozen Fruit Kabobs
Frozen fruit kabobs are a great summertime snack to cool off on a hot day!
- 2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 48 seedless grapes
- 2 firm, ripe bananas
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips or finely chopped dark chocolate
- 8 10-inch wooden skewers
- Wash grapes and dry well. Set aside.
- Line a rimmed baking sheet or tray with waxed paper or parchment paper. Make sure pan will fit in the freezer.
- Cut bananas into 1/2-inch thick rounds. Put banana slices into a medium bowl and cover with orange juice. Stir gently to coat.
- To make the kabobs skewer two grapes followed by one banana slice. Repeat twice on each skewer. Place skewers on prepared baking sheet.
- Place chocolate in a microwavable bowl and heat on HIGH for one minute. Stir well. Continuing microwaving in 10 second intervals, stirring after each, until melted.
- Use a spoon to drizzle melted chocolate onto the skewered fruit on the prepared pan.
- Place the pan in the freezer for at least two hours. Once frozen, transfer kabobs to a tightly sealed freezer bag and freeze up to one week.
- When ready to serve transfer the number of kabobs needed to a plate. Allow to soften at room temperature for 5 minutes before serving.
|Servings Per Recipe: 4|
|Amounts Per Serving|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat: 4 g||5%|
|Saturated Fat: Trace Amounts||1%|
|Cholesterol: 0 mg||0%|
|Sodium: 5 mg||0%|
|Carbohydrate: 27 g||9%|
|Dietary Fiber: 3 g||11%|
|Protein: 1 g||3%|
*The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.