Frozen Dessert with Fruit
Try out this recipe for a refreshing new dessert.
- 2 cups sherbet, softened
- 1 cup fat free milk
- 1 package (4-serving size) vanilla flavor instant pudding mix
- 8 oz. frozen reduced fat whipped topping, thawed
- 2 cups cleaned and sliced or chopped fresh, canned or frozen fruit
- Line a 9x5 inch pan with aluminum foil. Spread sherbet in pan pressing firmly with a spatula to make and even layer. Freeze 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl combine milk and pudding mix. Whip slowly with a hand-powered mixer or whisk for 2 minutes. Fold in whipped topping. Spread over sherbet in pan. Cover with plastic wrap and freeze at least three hours or overnight.
- To serve, invert pan over serving platter. Remove foil. Top with fruit then let soften 10-15 minutes before slicing.
Yield: 6 servings
|Servings Per Recipe: 6|
|Amounts Per Serving|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat: 3 g||5%|
|Saturated Fat: Trace Amounts||2%|
|Cholesterol: 17 mg||6%|
|Sodium: 154 mg||6%|
|Carbohydrate: 25 g||8%|
|Dietary Fiber: 1 g||2%|
|Protein: 1 g||2%|
*The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.