Fennel and Mushroom Soup
Enjoy a warm meal in the winter with this fennel and mushroom soup.
- 2 tablespoons canola or olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped diced red bell pepper
- 1-1/2 cups diced white potato
- 1 cup thinly sliced celery
- 4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 medium fennel bulb, chopped
- 2 cups sliced cremini or button mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 4 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley
- Heat a large saucepan over medium heat. When hot, add oil. When oil is hot, add onion, red bell pepper, potatoes, celery and garlic. Sauté 5 minutes, stirring often.
- Add fennel and sauté 6 minutes.
- Add mushrooms, sauté 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in basil and lemon pepper. Add broth, vinegar and salt. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer 25 to 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Serve, topped with chopped fresh parsley.
|Serving Size: 1|
|Servings per Recipe: 4|
|Amount per Serving|
|% Daily Value *|
|Total Fat: 7 g||11%|
|Saturated Fat: 1 g||3%|
|Cholesterol: 0 g||0%|
|Sodium: 903 mg||38%|
|Carbohydrate: 27 g||9%|
|Dietary Fiber: 5 g||22%|
*The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.