Fennel and Grapes
Enjoy a combination of various flavors with this fennel and grapes salad recipe.
- 1-1/2 tablespoons sliced almonds
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Champagne vinegar or white wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1-1/4 cups seedless red grapes
- 1-1/4 cups seedless green grapes
- 1 medium fennel bulb, halved, cored and thinly sliced
- 1-1/2 cups thinly sliced celery, cut on the diagonal
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced on the diagonal
- Wash hands and cooking surfaces.
- Toast almonds in a small dry skillet over medium-low heat, stirring constantly until fragrant and lightly browned. Immediately remove nuts from the skillet to a plate and spread out to cool. Set aside.
- Using a large bowl, whisk together olive oil, vinegar, fennel seeds, salt and pepper.
- Add grapes, sliced fennel bulb, celery, and green onion. Toss well until coated with dressing.
- Top with toasted nuts just before serving.
|Servings per Recipe: 6|
|Amount per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat: 4 g||6%|
|Cholesterol: 0 g||0%|
|Sodium: 93 mg||4%|
|Carbohydrate: 14 g||5%|
|Dietary Fiber: 3 g||10%|
|Protein: 2 g|
*The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.