Farmers’ Market Salsa
Spice up your traditional salsa blend and use market fresh ingredients to give it an extra kick!
- 1/2 cup corn, fresh cooked or frozen
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, drained and
- 1 cup fresh tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 cup onion, diced
- 1/2 cup green pepper, diced
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup picante sauce
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl. Chill until serving time.
- Drain before serving.
- Serve with low fat baked tortilla chips or fresh vegetables.
|Servings per recipe: 8|
|Calories from fat: 5|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat: 0.5||1%|
|Dietary Fiber: 4g||15%|
*The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.
Modified from original source: Kids a Cookin’ at https://www.wildcatdistrict.k-state.edu/featured-topics/food-family/documents/6.16.18%20Farmers%20Market%20Salsa%20Recipe%206.18.pdf
Barbara Brown, Food Specialist
Oklahoma Cooperative Extension Service