Egg Roll Bowl Meal
Spice up your evening meal by creating a deconstructed egg roll with ground pork, beef or chicken.
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 3/4 pound ground pork*
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 cups shredded cabbage or coleslaw mix
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 3 cups cooked brown rice**
- Heat a skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil. When oil is hot add ground pork. Break up meat while it cooks and continue cooking until cooked through. Drain if necessary.
- Add garlic, ginger and pepper and cook 30 seconds.
- Add shredded cabbage or coleslaw mix and green onions. Stir well and continue to cook until wilted, 3 to 4 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Stir in soy sauce and sesame oil.
- Serve in a bowl over cooked brown rice. Serve with additional soy sauce if desired.
|Serving Size: 1|
|Servings per Recipe: 6|
|Amount per Serving|
|% Daily Value *|
|Total Fat: 15 g||23%|
|Saturated Fat: 5 g||24%|
|Cholesterol: 41 mg||14%|
|Sodium: 150 mg||6%|
|Carbohydrate: 24 g||9%|
|Dietary Fiber: 3 g||14%|
|Protein: 13 g|
*The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.
*Substitute ground beef or chicken for pork if desired.
**Other cooked whole grains can be used instead of brown rice.