Dried Apricot and Garbanzo Soup
Make this quick and easy dish while dirtying up only one pan.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup sweet onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 7-1/2 cups fat free, low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 14-1/2 ounce can no-salt-added diced tomatoes
- 1 15 ounce can garbanzo beans (chickpeas), rinsed and drained
- 1/3 cup chopped dried apricots
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup uncooked quinoa
- Parsley or cilantro, chopped (optional)
- Heat oil and butter in a large sauce pan over medium heat. Add onion and sauté until translucent, about 5 minutes. Add garlic and sauté 30 seconds more.
- Add broth, tomatoes, beans, apricots, lemon juice, sugar, cumin and salt. Bring to a simmer and cook, uncovered, 10 minutes. Add quinoa, bring to a boil, reduce heat to a simmer and cook, covered, 15 minutes or until quinoa is soft.
- Garnish with parsley or cilantro if desired.
|Serving Size: 1|
|Servings per Recipe: 5|
|Amount per Serving|
|Calories: 254||Calories from Fat trace|
|% Daily Value *|
|Total Fat: 7 g||11%|
|Saturated Fat: 2 g||10%|
|Cholesterol: 6 mg||2%|
|Sodium: 826 mg||34%|
|Total Carbohydrate: 37 g||12%|
|Dietary Fiber: 6 g||25%|
|Protein: 11 g|
*The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.