Cucumber, Tomato and Onion Salad
Make a fresh tasting, healthy snack or side dish in just 30 minutes.
- 2 teaspoons Kosher salt, divided
- 1 large sweet onion, peeled and sliced into 1/3 inch rings
- 4 pickling cucumbers, peeled and sliced into 1/3 inch rounds (2 to 3 cups)
- 3 large ripe slicing tomatoes, cored and sliced into 1/2 inch wedges or bite sized pieces
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper, divided
- 3/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons canola or extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped parsley
- Combine 1 teaspoon salt with 2 cups ice water in a medium bowl. Add onion and let sit 20 minutes. Drain well.
- Combine drained onion, sliced cucumbers and tomato wedges in a large bowl, sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper.
- In a small bowl whisk vinegar, sugar, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper and vegetable oil until the sugar is dissolved.
- Pour dressing over cucumger mixture. Toss well.
- Refridgerate for 30 minutes for flavors to blend. Add chopped parsely when ready to serve.
|Serving Size: 10|
|Amounts per Serving|
|Calories from Fat: 27|
|% Daily Value *|
|Total Fat: 3 g||5%|
|Saturated Fat: trace||1%|
|Cholesterol: 80 mg||0%|
|Sodium: 195 mg||8%|
|Total Carbohydrate: 12 g||4%|
|Dietary Fiber: 2 g||5%|
|Protein: 1 g||2%|
*The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.